Guías | 243 págs.
Scotland, with its Viking settlements, ancient tombs, and Roman fortresses, offers an ideal location for the archaeological traveller.
This guide provides:
* Coverage of all the main sites in Scotland from earliest times to AD 1200
* 150 high-quality site plans, maps, diagrams, and photographs
* Sites arranged by region, south to north: Dumfries and Galloway; Borders; Lothians and Edinburgh; from the Clyde to the Forth; Fife to Perthshire; Argyll and Bute; Aberdeenshire and Moray; the Highlands; the Northern Isles; and the Western Isles
* Star ratings indicate the best tombs, standing stones, forts, churches, and settlements to visit
* An introduction which sets sites within the context of human development in Scotland, covering aspects such as domestic life, transport, art, and warfare
* Information about museums, a chronology for reference, and a glossary of essential terms.